Sunday, August 3, 2008

I've pulled my sister Camille into the running world. Ken and I ran with her for her first race. Nick and Kate came along for the ride. We did the Alzheimer's Aid Society 5K. A sister that had a great influence on our lives as teenagers suffers from this terrible disease. Her name is Diane Jensen. It felt good to do a little to repay her for all of her efforts she put into the events that we were able to be part of growing up (stake plays, dance festivals, etc.). During the race, when we were about to pass someone, Nick would say "We're going to beat them up!" He likes passing people almost as much as I do. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carol said...

I was privileged to be at the finish line. I was very grateful to associate with wonderful friends who helped to make lasting memories in Sacto. There could have not been a greater place to raise a family than in the Rosemont area.

Camille said...

Your blog looks really good. I think I might steal your idea of the funny things the kids say. By the way, I beat my time by 3 minutes in my second 5K last Saturday. Woohoo!!