Sunday, August 30, 2009

Triathlon pt 2

I started the run knowing that I was going to make my goal of finishing in under an hour. I didn't push myself too hard, partly because it was already hot (82 degrees). I ended up finishing in 57 minutes and 57 seconds.


6 of the 8 of us in this picture play volleyball on Wednesday nights. Kathryn inspired us all to do it. I had been wanting to for years! Marie Zambrana, Haley Browning, Becca Brandi, Anita Stewart, Wendy Overbay (she came in 10 seconds behind me!), Tiffany Pixton, Kathryn Moore and me.

I was eating my lunch pretty far away from the awards podium when I heard them call my name. I couldn't believe it! I had no idea that I had placed! I got 3rd place in my division (30-39 year old women- there were 39 of us in this age group). What a fun surprise!



Right after I sat back down to finish my lunch, my friend Tiffany's husband found a 4 leaf clover. It was a lucky day for me, so I took a picture of my award with the clover. I loved the whole experience! This will not be my last triathlon!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lowry Family said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! How did everyone else do?