Sunday, August 22, 2010

East Lawn races
















Natalie and Nick ran their first race! Natalie ran the whole 1/2 mile. She got second place for the girls. That's pretty good, considering she got carsick on the way to the race and threw up. Her number is pinned high because they didn't have any more clean shirts for her to change into, if you're understanding what I'm saying. Nick fell down during the race, but got right back up and only stopped to walk for a "few seconds". They were thrilled to get their medals.

Elizabeth ran in the race for her age group and ran the whole way. They were pretty exhausted afterwards.




Ken ran and tried to beat my fastest time. The key word there is "tried". He almost did it, so I'd better step it up. This is the first race that I had been to that I hadn't been participating in. It was relaxing to just sit and watch everyone push themselves. Ha ha. I, actually, was planning to run it, but I wasn't quite recovered from a nasty 5 weeks of pneumonia. I was proud to cheer on my athletes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: